When your blood glucose level drops, it can lead to symptoms such as fainting, dizziness, and more. It is always best to be prepared for these situations with emergency products such as glucose tablets or glucose gel. Many people rely on sodas or juices for a quick boost of sugar, but these emergency glucose products work more effectively because they are fat-free.
Another benefit of using glucose products is that they are easier to properly dose than sugary candies or drinks. Low blood sugar can happen even if you are monitoring your glucose closely, so you should prepare for these situations by always keeping an emergency glucose product nearby.
Diabetes is a balancing act where you are juggling the effects that exercise, diet, and insulin medications have on your glucose levels. Fast-acting glucose products can help you get your sugar levels up if you are feeling the effects of hypoglycemia at around 70 mg/dL or less. Check your blood glucose level with a glucometer to verify.
Here are some of the most common symptoms that you may feel if your blood sugar is too low:
- Blurred vision
- Headache, confusion, or fatigue
- Hunger or nausea
- Slurred speech
- Trembling or shakiness
Glucose products will all work effectively if you take the proper dose, so the type you choose comes down to personal preference. Some of these fast-acting glucose products have store-brand versions that are cheaper than brand-name products.
Here are a few popular glucose products you can choose from:
· Glucose Tablets – These tablets are available in 10-tablet tubes for on-the-go or 50-tablet bottles to keep at home or at the office. They come in an assortment of different flavors such as fruit punch, orange, raspberry, grape, and more. Glucose tablets are made to quickly dissolve in your mouth and be absorbed by your body.
· Glucose Gels – These gels come in single-serve pouches that come in various sized packs including 12, 20, or 20 loose pouches. Glucose gels are harder to find than tablets since there are not many generic store brand options available.
· Glucose Powder – Glucose powder is available in individual packets that can be eaten directly or mixed with water to make a glucose drink.
· Liquid Glucose Shots – For a quick burst of glucose you can grab a bottle of liquid glucose shot in a variety of flavors. There are many store-brand versions of these glucose products.
By Admin –